A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency.
Flood Alert in force: Isle of Wight coast.
Flooding is possible for: Coast around the Isle of Wight.
Flooding is possible in this area.
Monitor local water levels and weather conditions. Avoid using low lying footpaths or entering areas prone to flooding. Start acting on your flood plan if you have one.
Environment Agency Flood Warning Officers set the river or tidal levels that have triggered this message. During industrial action this message has been automatically issued based on rising river or tidal levels.
To check the latest information for your area
* Visit the GOV.UK website to see the current flood warnings, view river and sea levels or check the 5-day flood risk forecast: https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcheck-for-flooding.service.gov.uk%2Ftarget-area%2F065WAC220&data=05%7C01%7C%7C17b3bd070f494f37e8ba08db2a9567e0%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638150593406921775%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=%2Byc0H4wpLdZWn6qd1fSqcW%2BC%2BqQgPgP1MUe2r6dxK9E%3D&reserved=0
* Or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 using quickdial code: 216098.
* Follow @EnvAgency and #floodaware on Twitter.
* Tune into weather, news and travel bulletins on local television and radio.
* What you should consider doing now
* Monitor local water levels and weather conditions.
* Get ready to act on your flood plan if you have one.
* Move your car or other vehicles to higher ground, if it is safe to do so.
* Prepare a flood kit of essential items including a torch with spare batteries, mobile phone and charger, warm clothes, home insurance documents, water, food, first aid kit and any prescription medicines or baby care items you may need.
* Check that you know how to turn off your gas, electricity and water mains supplies.
* In rural locations, farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water. 30 cm of fast-flowing water can move a car and 6 inches can knock an adult off their feet.
* Flood water is dangerous and may be polluted. Wash your hands thoroughly if you’ve been in contact with it.